Facebook Ads Domination Course
A Word of Advice on Custom Audiences
NB: There is no video for this segment. Please read the information included below or you can view it within Guide 5: Gain Maximum Exposure Using Custom Targeted Audiences. You can also refer back to the video in segment 1 of this module.
We hope by now you can see just how powerful custom audiences and lookalike audiences are. But don’t be trigger happy – don’t think you can use stolen Facebook data and target people who’ve never signed up to your list. If you do this, you can get into a lot of trouble with Facebook, and possibly get your account banned!
Before you create any custom audience, you’d need to make sure of the following:
1. You have permission from your customers or mailing list to use their data. This means you can’t create a custom audience using data you’ve bought from some third-party unscrupulous marketers! This basically goes against the premise of custom audiences which is people who have interacted with your business before.
2. The people in your custom audience have not opted out or unsubscribed from your mailing list. If people opted out of your list, it means they don’t want to receive any more communication from you. They don’t want to receive your emails, your newsletters, and they don’t want to look at your Facebook Ads.
If you don’t follow these rules, your ad account could get banned. Getting banned is probably one of the worst things that can happen to any business especially if your target audience lives and breathes on Facebook.
So, make sure you don’t go against the rules when targeting custom audiences!
+ Module 1
+ Module 2
+ Module 3
+ Module 4
+ Module 5
- Custom Targeted Audiences
- The 5 Types of Custom Audiences
- What is a Lookalike Audience
- Using Custom and Lookalike Audiences
- A Word of Advice
+ Module 6
+ Module 7
+ Module 8
- Dynamic Ads
- Getting Started with Dynamic Ads
- Create a Dynamic Ad Campaign
- How Dynamic Ads Boost Your Profits