Facebook Ads Domination Course
How to Apply Pixel Data For Retarget Marketing
NB: There is no video for this segment. Please read the information included below or you can view it within Guide 6: How to Use Retarget Marketing with Facebook. You can also refer back to the video in segment 1 of this module where this topic is discussed.
Now that you know just how powerful the combination of Facebook pixel and retarget marketing is, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of just how you can take advantage and leverage your audience data.
In the previous module (Module 5: Gain Maximum Exposure Using Custom Targeted Audiences), we covered custom audiences and lookalike audiences in great detail. In this section of this 6th module, we will just quickly show you a sample application on how you can leverage your pixel data for retargeting.
Create A Custom Audience of People Who Have Visited Your Website
The pixel keeps a record of people who have been on your website in the past 180 days or 6 months. To target this audience, here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to Ads Manager Menu, go to the Assets column, then click on Audiences.
2. Click on the blue Create a Custom Audience button.
3. Select Website Traffic like you see below:
4. You can choose whether to target people who meet any or all of your criteria.
5. Choose whether you want to target all website visitors, people who visited specific web pages, or target them by time spent on your website.
6. If you want to target a combination of any of these audiences or exclude some, you can do so by clicking on Include more or Exclude.
7. When you’re done setting up the details of your custom audience, you then need to create an Audience Name. Make sure it’s something you can easily remember so when you’re creating your ads you can identify the right audience.
8. If you’re happy with your custom audience, hit the Create Audience button to finalize your audience.
The targeting options on Facebook’s custom audiences are really extensive. No other platform can compete with the level of targeting you can do with your Facebook ads thanks to the pixel.
If you’re still on the fence whether it’s worth taking the time to install such code on your website, then you’re leaving a lot of money on the table! Tap into your audience’s behaviours and target them using the all-powerful pixel today!