Facebook Ads Domination Course
Key Differences Between Boosted Posts and Facebook Ads
Whether you’re in the Boosted Posts camp or you’re a firm believer of Facebook Ads, both have their advantages and advantages. In this section, we’re going to be looking at key features.
1. Campaign Objective
- Boosted posts - choose between 3 objectives (engagement, traffic, messages)
- Ads - choose up to 11 campaign objectives (brand awareness, reach, traffic, engagement, app installs, video views, lead generation, messages, conversions, catalogue sales, and store visits).
2. Budget Control
- Boosted posts – you can only choose your total budget
- Ads – you can choose your daily or lifetime budget
3. Ad Scheduling
- Boosted posts – when you boost your post, the ad will start right away. You can’t schedule it, but you can set an end date.
- Ads - you can set a start and end date for your ads so if you’re going away on vacation, you can plan your ads in advance and have it run even while you’re away.
4. Audience Targeting
- Boosted posts – you can choose audience targeting, but it’s very limited. For instance, you can’t target people by their language, and you can’t add a connection type. You can target people who liked your page and their network of friends as well.
- Ads – you can hyper-target with Facebook ads. You can use custom audiences, lookalike audiences, you can target by language, you can add connection types. There’s even an option to let Facebook automatically expand your interests if it thinks people outside of your audience will engage with your ad.
5. Geographic Targeting
- You can target specific locations with both boosted posts and ads.
6. Age and Gender Targeting
- You can target both age and gender of your audience with both boosted posts and ads.
7. Interest and Behaviour Targeting
- You can target your audience’s interests and behaviours with both boosted posts and ads.
8. Language Targeting
- Boosted posts – you cannot target your audience’s language with boosted posts
- Ads – yes, you can target languages with ads
9. Ad Placement
- Boosted posts – your post will only appear on both desktop and mobile news feeds. You can’t choose just desktop or just mobile.
- Ads – you have full control over where you want your ads to appear. You can choose to have them appear just on desktop news feeds, or just on mobile news feeds, Instagram, audience network, column, instant articles, and so much more.
10. Dark Post
- Boosted post – no, you can’t create a dark post with boosted posts. A boosted post must be published and will appear on your page’s timeline.
- Ads – yes, you can create a post solely for use in an ad, and you can choose not to have it shown on your page timeline
11. Ad Delivery
- Boosted post – you can’t adjust how you want your ads delivered
- Ads – you can choose between standard and accelerated delivery. You need to set a bid cap though to use accelerated delivery which is useful for time-sensitive promotions.
12. Instagram Ads
- Boosted post – no, you can’t boost your Facebook post on Instagram
- Ads – yes, you can choose to show your ads on Instagram by making sure it’s ticked in the Placements section
13. Audience Network Ads
- Boosted post – no, you can’t boost your Facebook post on the Audience Network
- Ads – yes, you can choose to show your ads in the Audience Network by making sure it’s ticked in the Placements section
14. Right Column Ads
- Boosted post – no, you can’t show your boosted post in the right column on desktop computers
- Ads – yes, you can choose to show your ads in the right column on desktop computers.
- Boosted post – no, you cannot retarget people
- Ads – yes, you just need to make sure the Facebook pixel is installed on your website and is working properly
+ Module 1
+ Module 2
+ Module 3
+ Module 4
+ Module 5
- Custom Targeted Audiences
- The 5 Types of Custom Audiences
- What is a Lookalike Audience
- Using Custom and Lookalike Audiences
- A Word of Advice
+ Module 6
+ Module 7
+ Module 8
- Dynamic Ads
- Getting Started with Dynamic Ads
- Create a Dynamic Ad Campaign
- How Dynamic Ads Boost Your Profits